Is MacBook Air out of your budget? Do you want a laptop that gives you an Apple-like feel? You can go for these top alternatives to Macbook in 2022.
Keeping aside the price point discussion of the Macbook Air, you might also want the best MacBook Air alternatives because you love using the Windows system. When it comes to personal devices like mobile phones, tablets, TVs, or laptops, it all depends on the individual’s or user’s preferences.
Hence, this guide in no way pressurizes or is an ultimate note that potential buyers must follow.
Apple devices are considered superior in most aspects. Whether iPhones, iPads, or Macs, they all have a better build, fantastic display, great aesthetics, and long-lasting battery life with multiple useful features. So, it is no surprise that people want to get an iOS device on their hands.
As much as macOS is excellent, it is also expensive for most ordinary users. That results in users inclining towards the Windows system instead. Only Apple develops MacBook, but for Windows, the options are countless. The global market is filled with Windows devices of various brands, purposes, shapes, sizes, etc. So, finding similar laptops is not that big of a deal.
Regardless, let’s have a gist on MacBook Air 2021 before getting to its alternatives.
MacBook Air 2021
● CPU – Apple M1
● GPU – 8-core GPU
● RAM & Storage – 8GB to 16GB; 256GB to 2TB
● Screen – 13.3‑inch, 2560 x 1600-pixel
The aesthetic looks of the MacBook Air 2021 are what make it a desirable laptop for many. The Apple processor directly hits Intel’s CPUs taking the top spot for fast and solid processors. Its excellent battery life is to die for.
Despite all the positive points of the MacBook Air, the device’s purpose, functionality, and costs stop the buyers from directly buying it. That is why knowing the best and potential alternatives to MacBook Air is crucial. Check them out right below.
Since the price range of MacBook Air models starts at around $1199, the list here goes around the same price range.
● CPU – 10th Gen Intel Core i5 – i7
● GPU – Intel UHD Graphics – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti
● RAM & Storage – 8GB & 64GB; 256GB & 2TB M.2 PCle NVMe
● Screen – 15.6″ UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Anti-Reflective 500-Nit Display; 15.6″ FHD+ (1920 x 1200) InfinityEdge Non-Touch Anti-Glare 500-Nit.
The Dell XPS 15 (2020) is the best and top MacBook Air alternative in most aspects. It has an amazingly stunning display with high-quality audio features. It has enhanced power performance and is infused with cutting-edge technology that generally applies as mobile components. With a slick design and looks, it is very lightweight to carry around.
Even though it does not have that great of a powerful GPU, it is still an ideal option for 3D animators and video editors compared to MacBook’s integrated GPU. Its starting price range is $1149.
● CPU – 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7
● GPU – Intel Iris Xe Graphics
● RAM & Storage – Expandable up to 32GB 4267MHz LPDDR4x; Up to 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe
● Screen – 13.4″ UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Anti-Reflective 500-Nit Display; 13.4″ FHD+ (1920 x 1200) InfinityEdge Non-Touch Anti-Glare 500-Nit
Another top MacBook alternative on the list is the Dell XPS 13 OLED. It offers its users a strong performance with increased productivity with its 16:10 display. It has a streamlined design with tiny bezels around. Compared to MacBook Air, it is somewhat lightweight at 2.6 pounds.
If you are interested in Dell XPS 13, you might want to wait a bit before getting a new one. The latest XPS 13 with upgraded design and 12th generation Intel CPU is on the way. Besides the XPS 13 OLED, you can also go for the non-OLED ones. But, the one with an OLED panel has some better color options. Its starting price is $1000.
● CPU – Intel Core i7 12th Gen i7-1260P
● GPU – Intel Iris Xe Graphics
● RAM & Storage – 16GB; 512GB & 1 TB NVMe SSD
● Screen – 13.30-inch (1920×1080); 15.6″ FHD AMOLED Display (1920 x 1080) with Touch Screen Panel.
Similar to MacBook Air, Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 is an ultra-thin option that you can get. As a 2-in-2 laptop, despite its thinness, it does not compromise the performance level. It is an ideal laptop for media purposes that requires speed. Its stunning AMOLED display only adds to its slick looks.
The only downside is you may need a Samsung ecosystem to experience many functions. You can use the stylus pen as well. Either way, it is a powerful device. Its starting price is around $1249.
● CPU – 10th-generation Intel Core i7 – i9
● GPU – Intel UHD 620
● RAM & Storage – 8GB – 12GB – 16GB 2400MHz DDR4; 256GB – 512GB – 1TB PCIe SSD
● Screen – 15.6” LED-backlit Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 IPS level wide-view technology.
Weighing only 3.9 pounds with its 15.6 inches screen, Asus VivoBook S15 is a cheaper alternative to MacBook Air. This laptop has all a user might look for with a screen pad, touchpad, a large screen, and a quality keyboard. Its ergo lift hinge provides the laptop an additional functionality for better comfort.
Our only downfall with this laptop is its below-average battery life.
● CPU – Intel Core m3 – i7
● GPU – Intel UHD Graphics 615
● RAM & Storage – 8GB expandable up to 16GB; 64GB & 256GB.
● Screen – 13.3-inch 4K Ultra HD Molecular Display; 13.3-inch FHD.
The 1080p webcam is the best component to say about the Google Pixelbook Go. It is comparatively better than the MacBook Air. People usually do not think of Google devices as MacBook alternatives due to their low pricing. But if you look beyond that, Google Chromebooks and the Pixelbook Go have a lot to offer their users, from impressive specs to functionalities.
This laptop strongly competes with Apple devices regarding design and build quality. Another to buy the Google Pixelbook Go is its excellent keyboard. Users say that it is even more than that of older Macs. The same is with the battery longevity. Apps for Chrome OS may not be that integrated, but newer versions have brought in better scope.
This laptop is much cheaper than you expect as a premium Chromebook version, only $649. Besides being a great alternative to MacBook, it is also one of the best laptops for usual usage.
● CPU – 11th-gen Intel Core i5 & i7
● GPU – Intel UHD Graphics 620 & Iris Xe
● RAM & Storage – 8GB & 16GB; 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD & 2 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD.
● Screen – 13.3-inch diagonal, 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) OLED touch; 13.3-inch diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080) OLED touch.
The 2-in-1 element of HP Spectre x360 only enhances the gorgeous style of the device. Unlike MacBooks, it has a significantly longer battery life. And you can see its high specs reflect in its pricing. Even though it is precisely not cheap at $1299, it is an excellent replacement for MacBook Air.
It is a classy 13-inch screen laptop where you can do all your creative work flawlessly. Its flexibility, build quality, and performance makes it a top-notch choice for many, even with its high costs.
● CPU – Tiger-Lake Intel Core i5/i7 11th gen 64-bit processor
● GPU – Intel Iris Xe
● RAM & Storage – 8GB & 16GB DDR4; 256GB SSD & 1TB SSD.
● Screen – 13-inch (2160×1350) Full HD LED Backlit Anti-Glare IPS Display.
Priced around $1345, Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano is a pricey laptop compared to MacBook Air. But, its solid performance and lightweight features overcome the costs. You can choose this one if you want a light and portable device.
It offers users a premium experience with its 13-inch display with somewhat bigger bezels. Unlike MacBook, it weighs around 1.99 pounds only. Photos and video lovers would love this as it supports Dolby Vision. Typists love its deep keyboard features.
● CPU – 11th-generation Intel Core i3 – i7
● GPU – Intel Iris Xe Graphics
● RAM & Storage – 8GB & 32GB; expandable up to 2TB SSD.
● Screen – 13.3-inch diagonal BrightView LED 4K UHD HDR; 13.3-inch diagonal BrightView LED FHD.
While its high price point is a big downside to its significant aspects, it is still a great alternative to MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. The HP Elite Dragonfly G2 is categorized as a businessperson’s MacBook. Along with HP Elite Dragonfly G2, there is also the Dragonfly Max.
Its luxurious design and excellent network connectivity are what captivate the buyers. It has long battery life with an outstanding 4K display that is better than the MacBook Pro’s Retina display. Its light weightiness and thinness make it easy its carry around.
What’s even better is that it is a 2-in-1 device. That means you can bend it and use it as a tablet, unlike MacBook. Its touchscreen features add to its multi-functional aspects with stylus integration. The newer versions even have an option for 5G connectivity.
To conclude, the list above is not exclusive. If you have any better suggestions, make sure to comment below. Regardless, the last decision is yours based on your interest, preference, and usage.